IMS Legal Professional Corporation

IMS Legal Professional Corporation

Diverse legal services support thoughtfully designed with the customer in mind.

Address: SVAX Nishishimbashi Bldg. 8F, 2-39-3 Nishishimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0003
Phone: 03-5402-6191

IMS Legal Professional Corporation is an administrative scrivener corporation which has applied for more than 38,000 Japanese visas since 2002. We also support U.S. visa applications and have a wealth of experience and know-how in visa applications for both countries. We always value communication with our customers, and with in-house foreign staff members, we strive to offer services in our customers' preferred language, including Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese. Taking care of individual customers and their needs is the backbone of our organization, and we are dedicated to providing our customers with personalized consultation and up-to-date information.

Application Support Available for the Following Japanese Visas

  • Working Visa: It is generally required for foreigners to obtain  employment eligibility (i.e. a work visa) in order to stay in Japan and work full-time. The Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services visa is a typical work visa that is mainly for technicians and white-collar professionals. Most foreigners employed at the average Japanese company obtain and work on an Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services visa. This visa does not correspond to simple or unskilled labor.
  • Business Manager Visa: The Business Manager visa is an employment eligibility status (work visa) for foreigners who are seeking either to launch a business in Japan, or to engage in management and operation of an already-existing business. Permitted activities on this visa also include establishing Japanese subsidiary companies.
  • Highly-Skilled Professional Visa: The Highly-Skilled Professional visa is a working visa that provides preferential immigration treatment to foreign professionals with a high level of expertise in their field. The activities of the highly-skilled foreign professionals are classified into three categories: advanced academic research activities, advanced specialized/technical activities, and advanced business management activities. Points are given for different items such as "academic background," "professional career," and "annual salary," and when the sum of points reaches a certain amount (at least 70), the applicant receives preferential treatment.
  • Specified Skilled Worker Visa: The designated industries are construction, shipbuilding and ship machinery, automobile repair and maintenance, aviation, accommodation, care workers, building cleaning management, agriculture, fishery and aquaculture, manufacture of food and beverages, food service, machine parts and tooling, industrial machinery, and electric, electronics and information.
  • Permanent Visa: As the name implies, a Permanent Resident visa is a visa that allows you to continuously reside in Japan unless it is revoked, and there are no restrictions on your activities (work restrictions) or period of stay in Japan. In short, it is a visa that allows you to stay in Japan without the need to renew your period of stay, just like a Japanese national (excluding the right to vote).
  • Naturalization: Naturalization means that a foreign national acquires Japanese nationality with the permission of the Minister of Justice. The number of naturalization applicants continues to increase every year as more foreign nationals are considering acquiring Japanese nationality.

Application Support Available for the Following US Visas

  • Work Visa (E Visa/L Visa): Nationals of countries subject to the U.S. visa waiver program (VWP) do not have a particular need to obtain a visa when traveling to the U.S. Due to this, many Japanese people who are eligible for the VWP are unfamiliar with the many different types of U.S. visas and which one is appropriate for their situation. One of the work visas is the E visa. The E visa is for the purpose of trade and investment between Japan and the U.S, and so the role of the E visa is the promotion of such.
  • Short-Term Commercial/Tourist Visa (B-1 Visa/B-2 Visa):  A B visa can be used when visiting the United States for short-term business or sightseeing purposes.
  • Other Visas (J Visa/F Visa/M Visa): The exchange visitor (J-1) visa is a visa with 15 categories, established for the purpose of promoting international exchange of human resources, knowledge, and technology, such as education, culture, art, and science. The F-1 visa is the most common student visa and is the visa you will get if you study abroad at a university, high school, or language school in the United States. If you take less than 18 credit hours a week at a language school, you can enter the U.S. under ESTA without any problems. M-1 visas apply to non-academic or vocational education or training at a vocational school in the United States. Both visas require prior admission to the host institution.

Member Portal