Address: 1-7-57 Taishido, Showa Women's University, 5th Building, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo
Azabudai Hills Campus
Address: 1-3-3 Azabudai, Azabudai Hills, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Established in 1989, The British School in Tokyo (BST) is the oldest British school in Japan, providing a broad and balanced curriculum for international students aged 3 to 18. Throughout the school’s history, families have been attracted to BST by its outstanding reputation for academic excellence, strong support for students, high-quality teaching and learning and, of course, its central city location.
Through the truly holistic education BST provides, students learn in and beyond the classroom. Music, sport, art, and drama are significant areas of strength. In addition, all students from Year 1 onwards take part in overnight residential trips, visiting various places across Japan. Throughout the year, students benefit from being active, discovering new ways of learning, and gaining a greater understanding of themselves through various individual and collaborative activities.
Areas of expertise
- 1,000+ students, 60+ nationalities
- A ‘through’ education for children aged 3 to 18
- English National Curriculum
- Outstanding academic results
- Students place at top universities around the world
- Holistic education with a broad and balanced curriculum
- Learn in and beyond classrooms